This open and interactive event, with a focus on Brighton and Hove, will bring together refugees, charities, organisations and people from the local wider community. Together we will LISTEN
around the question 'What can we do together to make our city more inclusive?'
- LISTEN - Two refugee speakers, Zia and Mohamed, share their experiences
- DISCUSS - Our 6 panelists will talk through with your questions
- Caroline Lucas - Green Party MP for Brighton
- Naqeeb Saide - Hummingbird Young Leader
- Kate McAllister - Co-founder Crisis Classroom
- Nick Kreel - Head of Community Outreach, Brighton Table Tennis Club
- Mel Steel - CEO Brighton Voices in Exile
- Pranav Chopra - CEO NEMI Teas
- ACT - Ambigo Workshop to share ideas and make meaningful connections
Doors will open at 17:00 where there'll be chance to play table tennis with Brighton Table Tennis Club coaches and to grab some refreshments and nibbles too!
We will be encouraging ongoing discussion, ideas and looking to spark new collaborations on the Smiley Movement platform.